Friday, October 3, 2008

WOW - 13 days!

We are leaving in just 13 days! We got our itinerary today, we have plane tickets, and the bank has our money! We are just waiting on our passports (we had to send them to DC to get our Chinese Visas!) and need to pack! I can't believe that in just 18 days Jerry and I will be hugging our beautiful daughter. It feels just like a dream. God is so good to us. We feel so blessed that He is trusting us to parent not only our two wonderful sons, but now this beautiful little girl. We are so blessed! Jerry and I are fighting over who gets to hold her first! You'll have to watch and see, but I'll bet most of you know who is going to win this fight! ME! I told him that it was only fair since he got to hold the boys first!

Brooks is very excited about his birthday. He is getting to have a few friends over next Friday night and the family party is on Sunday (3pm!). He is playing soccer for the first time and is doing very well. He had his first game last Saturday and he scored a goal! It was wonderful. I caught it on video, but no real good pictures. I asked Joe Boswell where he was going to be, but Callie had a game at the same time ;) I can't believe my baby is about to turn 10. We are so proud of him. He is doing very well in school and got a very good report card today. We love you Brooks!

Reese is jealous that Brooks gets to have his birthday while we are gone. He thinks Brooks is getting something cool and he isn't! Reese is playing football and doing well. He really enjoys it. He hasn't scored yet, but had a really nice carry last night. He said he blocked very well! He is also doing well in school and he got a good report card. He must have a good teacher ;) It is funny to hear him call me Mrs. Long when we are at school! Reese, you're our best bud! We love you!

Gotta go start packing! I'm going to China!

2 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

We are so excited for you and praying for you. Can't wait to meet her!

Kathryn said...

We are thrilled and will be following your journey!! We are also happy to hear there is a soccer player in your family. Enjoy every moment!

Much love.