Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gotcha!

Wow. I really don't know where or how to begin. She is absolutely beautiful. She has been so well loved and taken care of. Her orphanage and her sponsor parents went through our picture book with her. You could tell how much she loved our book. She knew us by name and didn't cry. She gave us hugs and kisses and even shared her goldfish. She is ticklish and has a beautiful laugh. We are so in love! We couldn't have prayed for better. God amazes us each day with his blessings.
We got up early and flew to Shenyang. Neither of us slept well. We were too eager, anxious, nervous, and excited. It is hard to explain how we were feeling, but so wonderful. We had only 10 minutes at the hotel before we left to get her. Good thing I was prepared with her backpack! Another family with us is adopting a 13 year old girl. She peeked her head out and called me ma ma. I immediately cried and said No, Jodi! There is a third family with us as well and they told us our daughters weren't there yet, but then about 2 minutes later she walked in. I didn't cry, I just waved and waited for someone to call me over. Finally after a few minutes, I just walked over and bent down beside her and offered her goldfish crackers. Instant hit! Within minutes she was smiling, laughing, and allowing me to hold her. We tried not to force ourselves upon her, we just watched her cues. She bounced between her nanny and us. We were there forever (but didn't really seem that long at the time). By the time we left and got back to the hotel, she was tired and hungry. Everyone else was going to go out to eat, but we opted to stay in and see if she would sleep. She cried and was mad for about an hour. Jerry went to get us KFC (sorry boys!) and when he got back, she was almost asleep. We put some food on the coffee table for her, but she kept waving her hand no at us. Then finally she took a bite and got some water. That was all it took! She got up ate and played the rest of the evening. We had so much fun playing with her! She was running around the room laughing and having a great time. She is a good entertainer! She is amazing. She knows us by name and will imitate anything I say. She counted to 5, said the abc's, and says "where's ma ma" when I play peek a boo. Our guide is very impressed with her and tells us how beautiful and smart she is. We are definitely believing that! She takes after her mother of course! ;)
She didn't want to take a bath, but toys persuaded her. Then we put on lotion, got dressed, and got into our big bed. She fell asleep after I read her a story. Thank you all so much for your prayers. God definitely listened! He is so good. Please continue the prayers! God Bless, Jennifer, Jerry, and Hanna (YingYing)
Boys - First, happy 10th birthday Brooks! We are so proud of you. You are a great son! Reese, thanks for doing all of your homework! We love you more than KFC - and you know that's alot!
Coach Thompson - Hanna says something that almost sounds like IU, so I'm working on Purdue!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I am so happy for you. Shedding tears of joy and relief. Thank you, God.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer and Jerry,

We are so excited for you! Brooks is with me in art right now. I will give him a big hug from you!! We love you. Brooks says hi. Hanna is beautiful! Amanda

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Jennifer, and Hanna,
I'm so happy that everything went well. Mom said that Hanna is so happy and fun. I can't wait to meet her! I know that the kids are going to love her. Especially Richie, he has been talking about his new cousin!
Love You,
Aunt Nicole

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Jennifer, Wow, I am so excited about Hanna. Shs is so beautifull. I can't hardly wait to meet her in person. Talking to you and Hanna this morning is a memory that I will never forget, thank you. You and Jerry could not have given me anything more special than Hanna except for Brooks and Reese. I am looking forward to seeing and talking to you tommorrow with Aunt Vic and Grandma around 8pm. Take care of yourselves and remember that all our prayers and hugs are with you. God is so good to have blessed us with all these joys in our life. Love.............

The Saunders Family said...

Wow! That is so sweet. I just have chills all over and tears in my eyes. Thinking of you and praying for you often. P.S. If Brooks is 10 then that means one of my babies is about to turn 10! Yikes! Take care...Carrie Tell Hanna, Go IU!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how you kept from crying!!! I was crying with joy at school today and then again while watching the videos at home. She is beautiful. She has her mommy's smile and lips. I hope Brooks had a Happy Birthday!!!

Tonya Michael

MONA C said...

What a cutie!! Loved hearing her laugh and react to you both. Enjoyed it so much I watched it twice. Just drink in all the culture and the country with her. Have a safe journey back and it will be so great to see you all in person!! Jerry--Rich is surviving!
:>)
~Mona C~