Thursday, October 23, 2008

I think it is Thursday here!

We are having a great time and YingYing (I think I pronounced it wrong yesterday - it is more like yung yung - but she answers us however!) She is such a beautiful child and I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom. She is truly lovely. She understands much and is quite patient. Last night we went to a restrauant with our group and our tour guide ordered for us. It was delicious. We tried many new dishes and they were all yummy. YingYing even liked most of it. To all of the adoptive parents who may be reading, you'll understand more of why I'm writing about this next thing! While at dinner, she said something and pointed to her bottom. I decided she needed to use the restroom and well, do you know what. So I got our toilet paper and headed for the restroom. The first restrooms were just squatty ones, so we kept walking down the row until at last we found a western one! We were all celebrating this when we got back to the table! It was funny! Last night we also got to talk with the boys, Lana and the girls, and Nicole and our neices and nephew. It was wonderful. Richie still owes me a kiss though! Then we got to talk with Brooks' class and Reese's class. They all seemed to enjoy it and I hope my class did well on their spelling test. Did you remember your question mark and periods? How many more days until we come home? Did you count it up on the calendar? We also got to talk with our sixth grade and tell them more about the history of our trip. One thing I forgot to tell them was the reason Jerry bought that wonderful hat. There is a person in Chinese history who wore a hat like that. See if you can find out who and I'll tell you the answer in a later post. Hint...we've shared the answer already in an earlier post! Nikki - our dental hygienist - I wanted to let you know that Hanna likes having her teeth brushed!
Today, we got to start our day with talking with my mom and Aunt Vicki. That was wonderful. Skype is so incredible! We are seeing and talking to people on the other side of the world for free! So wonderful! At breakfast, YingYing had to play in the ball pit before she would eat. She played for about 15 minutes before she decided she was ready for her milk and watermelon. She likes to sit in a high chair and use a fork or spoon. Boys, we don't think she knows how to use chop sticks! Sorry! Then we decided we would venture out to find a mall or market. We borrowed umbrellas, just in case and sure enough it was raining before we got to the corner. So we had the hotel get us a taxi and tell the driver to take us to a shopping center. Guess where we went...WalMart! It was a nice adventure. Their carts are so much nicer than ours! We got Hanna and the boys some new videos that we are hoping are in Chinese. I think we got 4 movies, a music cd, and daddy some socks and it only cost 95 yuan...divide that by 6.7 and that is what we paid! Cheap!
Right now our King and his princess are sleeping. Jerry caught a cold or something and Hanna and I may be getting it as well. The Queen took a nap with them for a little while too! :) I'm not sure what we are going to do tonight, but we really would like to find a shopping center. Perhaps this evening we'll try again! Well, goodbye from China!
Boys....we love you more than the french toast we get to have for breakfast! We really love getting to see you each morning. We look forward to it every day! We are so proud of you and so happy you are doing well. Have you grown any??!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute and she looks so happy. Gabe told me he saw you all yesterday. He was excited. I am amazed they have a walmart in China. Guess I never thought about them having one way over there! I enjoy reading about your adventure with little Hanna. I am praying the rest of the trip is just as great!

Anonymous said...

Jerry & Jennifer,
I wanted to let you know that I think Hannah is just the cutest thing. I cannot wait to see her in person. I am so happy for the two of you. Southmont students are also happy for you. I know several of them have checked out this blog. Congrats! Linda White

Anonymous said...

Now tell me how long it feels like you waited for Hanna? An instant, right? Funny how all the anxiety, frustration, and heart ache melt away.

Can not wait to see the WHOLE family!

All Our Love,
Greg, Jill, Stefanie, Leo & Henry

Anonymous said...

Hi Hanna,
The kids and I can't wait to squeeze you, you look sooo huggable. Hope you like the panda bear I got you!! Jerry and Jennifer, HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!! Nov 1st can't get here quick enough. We miss you guys, and Jerry, Kaylie especially misses you. Love You All, Aunt Nicole