Thursday, October 30, 2008

One more day!

Tomorrow is it! I really can't believe it! The time we've been gone seems like it has flown! Skype is so wonderful. I feel like I've seen my boys in person each morning! What a great way to end my day and for them to begin their's! Thank you all for helping us connect each morning, especially Mrs. Welcher, Mrs. Hoard, andMs. Mingus! We definitely appreciate it!
The consulate was really no big deal, but yes I did tear up. We just had to stand and raise our right hand and swear that all of the information we've given to the government is correct. Only the 2nd time in my life I've said "I DO"! Jerry laughed at me when he saw a tear, but I wasn't the only mom who did!
For tonight, I'll just leave you with a few pictures from today. Tomorrow is our group photo on the famous red couch! We are so excited to finally see it. We've read so much about it and seen it so many times in other people's pictures. It seems like a right of passage! Hanna will wear her new traditional silk dress. Then it is on to the pool and shopping! I have several things in mind that I want to get! I hope we have enough room in our suitcases!
Please keep us in your prayers as we begin our journey home. While all of you are trick or treating, we'll be flying! Just one more post until we get home and hug our boys!
Boys....we love you more than the chocolate ice cream daddy and Hanna ate while we talked with you on the computer! See you very, very soon! We are proud of you for being such great kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I read something that reminded me of you. It is a little girl telling about adoption. She said, "Adoption means that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!" You have so much love in your heart and you can see it in Hanna's smile. I can't wait until we can all get together. Have a safe trip home.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Jerry, and Hanna: It really nice to talk to you this morning, I do miss our conversations. I had tears come to my eyes along with you with the consulate meeting. Hanna looks so darling in the little navy dress and she looks as though she is having fun on Daddy's knee. I will see you soon. Love.......

Anonymous said...

Jerry & Jennifer,

Congrats! We just wanted to let you know that we've been keeping up with you for the last 2 weeks and are so happy for you. Hanna is absolutely adorable! She is a lucky little girl to have the both of you as parents and the boys for her brothers. Have a safe trip home.....we will be praying for you.

Joey & Becky

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Jennifer and Hanna

So glad things are going well for you, I know you will be happy to be back home. We have really enjoyed hearing about your experiences in China. She is a darling little girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Bill, Connie and Edna in Florida

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Long,
I hope that you have a safe trip home and that you have had a great time in China with your new girl. Can't wait to see you when you get back to school

Andrew Jent