Thursday, October 30, 2008

Consulate Appointment Today

We have a small group, so Shiyan was able to get our Consulate Appointment for today instead of tomorrow! That means tomorrow is a free day! This is the last "business" stuff we have to do and if I am right, then she becomes an American Citizen as soon as we go through customs in Chicago! Sorry - that brings tears to my eyes just typing it! I can't believe our trip is almost over. We have such amazing children. We can't wait to get them all together and under one roof. It will be wonderful! Thank you all so much for your support and following our journeys. Prayers have definitely been answered. God is so good! He has blessed us more than we ever expected.

Just a quick update and then I'll try to do a complete blog later tonight. First, Aunt Vic - she loves the stroller, but the wheels don't work right. The store we borrowed from doesn't have another one for bigger kids. I still love holding her though (but my arms do ache some!). I'm trying to cherish all I can, because I know it won't be long before she won't want me to hold her!

Also, can you believe she lets and actually wants me to hold her, hum to her, and rock her to put her to sleep?! I'm so excited. I didn't expect her to want that, but she does! I definitely need to get that chair fixed mom! She's going to love sitting in it with me!

Carrie - I'll let you think the outfit will work for IU, but we all know better! ;)

Terri - yes, I do plan to keep this up when we get home, although it may not be everyday. We are trying to stay connected to her sponsor family this way. We are hoping they are able to view the pictures and movies though, because we can't from our computer. We might have to try something different. Done farming yet? We have one more who needs a turn!

Aunt Nicole - Jerry is sorry! He'll be back on Tuesday! I'm bringing Hanna in for "show and tell" on either Tuesday or Wednesday! That ought to make her happy!

Am - She is wearing "the dress" for her consulate appointment and no I didn't get one made to match! Also, you'd be impressed. We bought her Gucci sandals to wear with it! Knock offs probably, but they say Gucci!


More later! Thanks everyone!

Boys - we love you more than the breakfast buffet - but still no pancakes! We'll have to have them as soon as we get home! We'll try calling tonight! Just 2 more sleeps until we see you!

4 comments:

Nancy Cox said...

By the time we're reading this, you're done with all your official paperwork. I bet walking through customs at Chicago will be such an overwhelming relief and excited feeling. Thank you for the wonderful blog. I check it all the time - addicted to your story and seeing how wonderful your transition is going. Hanna sure looks like a happy, giggly little girl. It definitely feels like she was yours all along, even when someone else was taking care of her. Glad you'll all finally be together soon. Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl. It has been so fun to read your blog and follow your journey. What an awesome reward for your family to get a precious little girl like Hanna and for Hanna to get a wonderful family like yours. Have a safe trip back. Thoma

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!! Wow, it's hard to believe that your trip to pick up our little Hanna is almost over. I am so excited about having all of our family together. Hanna feels to me like she has been a part of us forever, I can't hardly wait to hug and give her kisses. I am like everyone else with this blog, I can't hardly wait to open up and see if you have written. Believe it or not, but your brother Doug has a email address at work and I gave him your blog address and he opens up every morning to read your news. Everyone that I talk to is so amazed and feeling blessed after reading about your experiences in Chinia. It will be so exciting for you to land on American soil and to think that Hanna Jo Long will be an Ameri cian citizen is so exciting. Please trill her around in a circle of joy for me! Thank you for creating these feeling for all of us. Give Hanna and Jerry a hug for me and I will see you soon. Love...........

Aunt Vick said...

HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK HOME AND WE'LL SEE YOU SAT 11-1-08 AROUND 7:45 PM. WE'RE ALL EXCITED TO GET YOU BACK IN INDIANA AND HOME!!!!!!!!! GIVE LITTLE PRINCESS A HUG FROM ME. I LOVE THE LONG FAMILY!!!!!!!! JERRY, JENNIFER, BROOKS, REECE, AND HANNA!!!