Friday, December 5, 2008

December











It is December! I can't believe how quickly time flies. I know that I'll blink and it will be time for me to go back to work! Hanna is doing well at Mamaw Long's house. I've been having her stay there for about an hour each morning this week (not Monday or Today) while I volunteer in my classroom.
She is amazing. Jerry and I can't believe how much English she is learning and how great her receptive language is. She seems to understand everything we say to her. Brooks is keeping me on my toes writing down the words she knows. Yesterday she kept asking for me to sing "Christmas" which is We wish you a Merry Christmas. She also knows Jingle Bells - when she hears the tune, she yells, "Mama - Jingle Bells!"
I've introduced her to Nihao KaiLan and she really likes it. She's actually asking to watch it right now! Very cute!
Well, I just wanted to update quickly and post a few pictures. Her wonderful family in China are reading the blog. They are wonderful people and we want them to see their YingYing. I'll update again and share stories of this past week. Gotta go now though!

1 comment:

Aunt Vick said...

I SO ENJOY ALL THE PICTURES YOU POST ALONG WITH A STORY. YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND THE KIDS SEEM LIKE THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!