Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good Wishes Quilt

Many of you know that I am not very good on my sewing machine, but I would like to make Hanna a quilt and I need your help! I am asking friends, loved ones, and other adoptive families to send me quilt squares and then I'll assemble them (with some help hopefully!) into a quilt. This is what you need to do if you'd like to send Hanna a wish. I am asking for a “fat quarter” of material with a poem, saying, or bible quote, a family picture, picture of you waiting child if you have one, and your name. I will put the passage pic and a sample of the square in a scrapbook and quilt the material. A "fat quarter" is a quarter of a yard of fabric which measures 18" x 22" (in other words, 1/2 yard of fabric which is then cut in half parallel with the selvege); a regular quarter of a yard of fabric measure 9" x 44". Fat quarters are useful as you can cut a larger variety of pieces from them given their "extra" height and allows for more pieces to be cut on the vertical grain of the fabric. Just email me if you have any questions or if you need our address! Thank you in advance for helping send Hanna wishes!

No comments: