Thursday, June 18, 2009

One year ago today...



we saw Hanna's face for the very first time! I had just gotten home from a class and saw there was a new COP list out. I requested the file of a 2 1/2 year old girl whose file name was "Carlie." We went to a baseball game for Reese or Brooks before the file came, but when we got home it was here. I showed her picture to Jerry and he thought, "oh great. I'm going to have to tell her no again," but he didn't! He immediately asked to read her file and kept asking for more. When he was finished, he looked at me and smiled. Then he said, "She's our daughter! What do we do next!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. We immediately began praying. We had to submit our name to be matched with her through our agency and wait an agonizing 7 more days before we got "the call". What a year it has been. We can't imagine our life without her. She is perfect for our family. Only God could have brought us together 1/2 a world away.

No comments: